Also my cnc just broke on me :'(

Ok so I’ve had a while to get used to the cnc machine. I’ve managed to cut down my milling time by two/thirds, which made me very happy. I’ve been testing out various different mold geometries.

Originally I had planned to pout the resin over a large sheet of silicone and then lay another sheet on top. Thus allowing me to make many pieces in one go. Alas air bubbles didn’t agree with me, and it proved very hard to get the finish I wanted.

So instead I went with a vertical system, whereby I pour resin into a funnel at the top, and air escapes through air holes. After a few iterative attempts it’s working pretty well. 🙂

I’ve made a couple of the most important finger segments now, and although they need a few tweaks, they’re working ok now.

Alas further changes will take a while as I need to fix the cnc. A broken wire on the X-axis, So now I need to get a soldering iron and some wire. Hopefully will be up and running again in a day or so.