Hi everyone.

Now to fund my continued work on Hollies hand I've chosen to launch a GoFundMe.com campaign.

PageSo please share this amongst yourselves.

I also uploaded a video from a test I did on one of the prototypes.

 

 

It's quite basic and the torque required on the joints is higher than I would like. I fixed that in version5 but introduced more issues.

Anyway I'll be moving on to a hybrid version with pin joint bones surrounded by 3D printed elastic plastic skin. This would combine the strength of the joints with an elastic outer layer a bit like the flexy hand E-nable hand model. The problem is that it comes at extra cost and complexity. It should set me up well though for when multi-material printers start to mature.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *