I've been working on Hollies hand since the 3rd versions mechanism wasn't suitable. Here are some renders courtesy Blenders cycles render engine.

 

 

render4

render3render2

front

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

This version made a number of changes to the finger hinges to try and make them easier to move. I also removed tendon tubes from the inside the palm to reduce resistance to the tendons.

I also moved the thumb to an angle which would be more suitable for grasping. I also removed it's ability to move since it just added more resistance to the mechanism.

I moved the hinge to the palm to the back of the hand which again should help the tendons move.

The tendon anchors worked well so I kept them from the 3rd version. There are now only 4 tendons but 5 possible anchor. I could have removed one, but the tendon routing would have been more difficult and made it look unbalanced. Also +1 to redundancy. 

 

Now I should be getting this on star wars day (may the 4th). It should take a day or so to add padding and tendons and then hopefully testing can begin.

1 Response to Hollies hand 4th Print

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *